Cancellation of release of the DL series of premium compact cameras
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 13th February 2017: Nikon Corporation announced today that sales of the long-awaited DL series of premium compact camera, the DL18-50 f/1.8-2.8, DL24-85 f/1.8-2.8, and DL24-500 f/2.8-5.6, will be cancelled.
The release of the DL series was originally planned for June 2016. However, due to the identification of issues with the integrated circuit for image processing, the release of the three cameras was delayed indeterminately.
Since then, everyone involved has worked very hard to develop products with which our customers will be satisfied. However, it has been decided that the sales of the DL series will now be cancelled due to concerns regarding their profitability due to the increase in development costs, and the drop in the number of expected sales due to the slow-down of the market.
We sincerely apologise to all those affected by this decision, especially those customers who waited so long for the cameras to be released, and retailers and others whose business will be affected, for the inconvenience this decision may cause.
- Nikon announces new organisational structure for European Imaging Products and Healthcare businesses
- NIKON JOINS CIWEM & WATERBEAR TO LAUNCH ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR COMPETITION
- NIKON ANNOUNCES DEVELOPMENT OF THE FLAGSHIP Z 9 FULL-FRAME MIRRORLESS CAMERA
- NIKON RELEASES NEW SOFTWARE FOR SEAMLESS VIEWING AND EDITING OF IMAGES AND VIDEOS
- NEW FIRMWARE. NEW MOVIE KIT. NEW OPPORTUNITIES.
- TWO FIRMWARE UPDATES INTRODUCE ENHANCED FEATURES FOR NIKON Z-SERIES CAMERAS
- NIKON INTRODUCES THE LASER 50 AND LASER 30 LASER RANGEFINDERS
- NIKON UK ANNOUNCES DIGITAL PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NATIONAL GALLERY FOR 2020-2021
- NIKON RELEASES SOFTWARE THAT ALLOWS NIKON CAMERAS TO FUNCTION AS HIGH-QUALITY WEBCAMS
- NIKON ANNOUNCES RETURN OF NIKON PHOTO CONTEST 2020-2021