NIKON UK ANNOUNCES DIGITAL PARTNERSHIP WITH THE NATIONAL GALLERY FOR 2020-2021
London, United Kingdom, 5th November 2020: Today Nikon is pleased to announce its new Digital Content Partnership with The National Gallery. The first collaboration of its kind for this iconic institution, the next twelve months will see Nikon work together with the gallery on a varied roster of online content series and programmes, aimed at inspiring members of the public to explore the synergies between photography and fine art, and how these similarities align with the core principles of creativity and artistry that Nikon values firmly.
Such featured content will include the ongoing Picture of the Month series, a tradition dating back to the early 20th Century, as well as a brand new Conservation Series and curator-led talks, all of which will be hosted across the National Gallery social media platforms. Free digital events led by Gallery Educators and Nikon experts will also be available to watch, focusing on aspects of the permanent collection. By joining together in this way, both The National Gallery and Nikon will have the tremendous opportunity to use their online platforms to further educate and inspire a broader audience than ever before.
Dr Gabriele Finaldi, Director of the National Gallery, said: “When the National Gallery was forced to close its doors for 111 days due to the pandemic, our digital programming and online community flourished - open 24/7 with free art for everyone, anywhere online. Although the Gallery is now open, we know that many people are unable to see the nation’s paintings in person at this time, so our online activity is vitally important.
He adds: “We are delighted that Nikon have joined us in this endeavour as our first-ever Digital Content Partner. It is a critical time for the arts, a sector that has proven to be a vital mechanism for mental wellbeing at this difficult time, and support from businesses like Nikon will enable us to continue to bring great art to the widest possible audience.”
Julian Harvie, Head of Marketing for Nikon Northern Europe said: “Nikon is delighted to be supporting the National Gallery as their Digital Content Partner for the coming year. As a brand that enables photographic artistry at the highest level, we are proud to be working with such an iconic institution to inspire and educate our online audience, looking to the past better to empower our creative vision today.”
For more information about the partnership, visit The National Gallery website at: https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/
- Nikon launches new partnership with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and Sharp Shots Photo Club
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- OUR RESPONSE TO THE SITUATION IN UKRAINE
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies