Nikon to release new firmware for the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 28th December 2021: Today, Nikon is pleased to announce that Firmware Ver. 1.10 for the Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera is scheduled for release and will be available for download on January 5, 2022 via the Nikon download centre and via the Snapbridge mobile app.
Firmware Ver. 1.10 for the Z 9 will greatly improve the duration for high-speed continuous shooting.
When shooting at 20 fps in [High-Efficiency RAW + JPEG BASIC (L)] recording, the duration will improve from the previous approx. 3 seconds to the world’s longest*1 approx. 15 seconds*2.
When shooting at 20 fps in [High-Efficiency RAW★+ JPEG BASIC (L)] or [JPEG FINE (L)+ JPEG BASIC (S)] recording, the duration improves from the previous approx. 3 seconds to approx. 8 seconds*2.
The improvement of high-speed continuous shooting will further support the capture of decisive moments for fast-moving subjects in high resolution.
Additionally, a future firmware update will add variety of video functions as well as further improved operability and functionality for both stills and videos.
*1 When shooting at 20 fps in [RAW + JPEG] recording with mirrorless cameras incorporating an image sensor of 30 megapixels or larger, available as of December 28, 2021, based on Nikon research.
*2 When using NIKKOR Z 50mm f/1.8 S lens and ProGrade Digital Cobalt 1700R 325GB memory card. The duration will shorten if the card in slot 2 is selected for Backup, or ON is selected for Auto distortion control, etc.
Nikon is a world-leading provider of imaging products and services. Its innovative optics technology—from consumer to professional cameras, lenses, system accessories to sports optics —is powered by over 100 years of experience. The brand is globally recognised for setting new standards in design and performance, with Nikon’s revolutionary Z series mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses representing a new dimension of optical performance.
Nikon is committed to leading imaging culture and enables some of the world’s best visual artists to reach their creative potential through visual storytelling. Its award-winning equipment empowers photographers and videographers to realise their creative vision at the highest level.
As a trusted visionary partner, it unites all levels of content creators through its engaged community, unrivalled technical expertise and access to educational resources, via initiatives such as The Nikon School.
- Nikon launches new partnership with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and Sharp Shots Photo Club
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- OUR RESPONSE TO THE SITUATION IN UKRAINE
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies