NIKON ANNOUNCES LATEST FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR THE Z 9
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 6 July 2022: Nikon is pleased to announce the release of firmware version 2.10 for its flagship, full-frame mirrorless camera, the Nikon Z 9.
The update introduces a new High-Frequency Flicker Reduction function which, when enabled in photo shooting mode, allows the shutter speed to be fine-tuned in smaller increments. Previously, shutter speeds could be adapted to 1/3 or 1/2 EV, however the new advancement allows users to adjust shutter speeds to those as small as 1/96* EV.
The ability to adjust shutter speeds more precisely than ever before makes it possible to control the effects of flicker – even when signboards and high-frequency LED lighting are in view whilst shooting.
The update will also improve AF tracking performance, particularly when shooting small subjects – especially those that take up a tiny portion of the frame. Further to this, the focus accuracy has been refined for when eye or face-detection AF is used with continuous-servo AF (AF-C). These updates will help photographers and videographers with more stable shooting.
Nikon continuously strives to meet users' needs through regular firmware updates, providing useful functions.
* When High-Frequency Flicker Reduction is enabled, shutter speed can be fine-tuned in very small increments at speeds between 1/8000 and 1/30s.
Nikon is a world-leading provider of imaging products and services. Its innovative optics technology – from consumer to professional cameras, lenses to system accessories – is powered by over 100 years of experience. The brand is globally recognised for setting new standards in design and performance, with Nikon’s revolutionary Z series mirrorless cameras and NIKKOR Z lenses representing a new dimension of optical performance.
Nikon is committed to leading imaging culture and enables some of the world’s best visual artists to reach their creative potential through visual storytelling. Its award-winning equipment empowers photographers and videographers to realise their creative vision at the highest level.
As a trusted visionary partner, it unites all levels of content creators through its engaged community, unrivalled technical expertise, and access to educational resources, via initiatives such as The Nikon School.
- JOURNEY WIDE WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 17-28MM f/2.8
- NIKON IMPRESSES WITH FOUR EISA AWARD WINS
- Nikon, CIWEM, WaterBear and ARUP Announce Judging Panel for Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- Nikon partners with CIWEM and WaterBear to present the Environmental Photographer of the Year 2022
- NIKON ANNOUNCES OFFICIAL PATRONAGE OF THE 150TH OPEN
- COVER MORE GROUND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/4.5 VR S
- NIKON RELEASES ITS BEST-EVER VLOGGER’S CAMERA—THE Z 30
- Nikon launches new partnership with The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and Sharp Shots Photo Club
- FOR EVERY ADVENTURE. NIKON ANNOUNCES TWO NEW PROSTAFF BINOCULARS.
- NIKON TRIUMPHS AT THE TIPA WORLD AWARDS 2022 WITH THREE WINS