TOTAL PRODUCTION OF NIKKOR LENSES FOR INTERCHANGEABLE LENS CAMERAS REACHES 110 MILLION
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 20th November 2018: Nikon today announces that the total production of NIKKOR lenses for its interchangeable lens cameras has reached 110 million* as of October of 2018.
While Nikon has produced NIKKOR F lenses for SLR cameras since 1959, earlier this year it introduced the new NIKKOR Z lenses for mirrorless cameras to further enrich the NIKKOR lens line-up.
Nikon will continue to lead imaging culture by providing products that stimulate the creative intent of photographers around the world, while responding to the latest advances in imaging technologies.
The NIKKOR brand
NIKKOR is Nikon's brand of photographic lenses. Currently, Nikon offers NIKKOR F lenses for digital SLR cameras, and NIKKOR Z lenses for mirrorless cameras. The full line-up currently consists of approximately 100 types of lenses that support a wide variety of applications, including fixed focal length (prime) lenses and zoom lenses that cover ultra-wide-angle to super-telephoto angles of view, fisheye lenses, and Micro lenses.
Since the initial introduction in 1959, NIKKOR F lenses have incorporated the cutting-edge technologies of the time, with features such as aperture control, autofocus, and vibration reduction (VR). The new, larger-diameter mount of the Nikon mirrorless cameras has unlocked further possibilities in lens design and increase capabilities in optical performance with its NIKKOR Z lenses. The variety of high-performance lenses on offer includes the fastest lens in Nikon history**, with f/0.95.
* Total number of interchangeable lenses for SLR and mirrorless cameras produced by Nikon.
** Among interchangeable lenses for Nikon cameras.
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- OUR RESPONSE TO THE SITUATION IN UKRAINE
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies
- WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS EMAILS IMITATING PUBLIC RELATIONS FROM NIKON
- REACH BEYOND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
- Nikon to release new firmware for the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera