Nikon’s mirrorless system and COOLPIX P1000 win at the 2019 iF Design Awards
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 25th February 2019: Nikon is pleased to announce that its mirrorless system and COOLPIX P1000 digital camera have received iF Design Awards within the product discipline.
The globally prestigious iF Design Awards, sponsored by iF International Forum Design GmbH, recognise expertise in product, communication and packaging. This year, over 6,375 entries from 52 countries were evaluated by a panel of 67 renowned design specialists. Entries were assessed based on innovation, functionality, aesthetics, responsibility and positioning.
Nikon’s mirrorless system
Nikon’s revolutionary mirrorless system is built around the world’s widest lens mount¹, which enables users to capture more light and ground-breaking levels of optical performance.
The system is comprised of two mirrorless cameras - the Z 7 and Z 6 - which feature the new, larger-diameter mount, complimented by S-line NIKKOR Z lenses. Fast, sharp and quiet, these superior lenses take in more light across the frame to deliver outstanding levels of detail, all the way to the edge. The FTZ Mount Adapter completes the set, which allows the Z cameras to be used with existing F-mount NIKKOR lenses.
¹ As of August 23 2018
Nikon’s COOLPIX P1000 super-telephoto digital camera boasts the world’s biggest 125x optical zoom. And with a focal-length range of 24–3000mm, users can capture sharp photos and videos no matter how far away the subject is. Its bright f/2.8-8 NIKKOR lens and 16 MP sensor contribute to a revolutionary system perfect for sports, wildlife and travel photographers.
Please visit the iF Design Awards website for more information: https://ifworlddesignguide.com/our-awards/professional-awards/if-design-award-2019
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- OUR RESPONSE TO THE SITUATION IN UKRAINE
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies
- WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS EMAILS IMITATING PUBLIC RELATIONS FROM NIKON
- REACH BEYOND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
- Nikon to release new firmware for the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera