NIKON RECEIVES RED DOT AWARD FOR PRODUCT DESIGN
Nikon’s Z 50 Mirrorless camera and Noct lens pick up the esteemed accolade
Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 28th April 2020: Nikon is pleased to announce that two of its products have received the Red Dot Award for Product Design 2020. Both the Nikon Z 50, the brand’s latest addition to its mirrorless offering, and the NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct lens, were awarded the sought-after accolade after impressing an international panel of experts, who judged the products on aspects such as innovation, functionality, ergonomics and durability.
Nikon Z 50
The Z 50 is Nikon's first DX-format mirrorless camera, inheriting its design, operability and reliability, from the Nikon Z 7 and Nikon Z 6. Offering excellent image quality, the Nikon Z 50 captures perfectly focused photos and 4K movies that are rich in detail, depth, and colour. Great for shooting portraits, the compact, lightweight and durable body make it a superior camera.
NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct
The NIKKOR Z 58mm f/0.95 S Noct is an iconic lens for mirrorless cameras. With the classic appeal of the F-mount Noct and a revolutionary optical design, this stand out lens offers outstanding new capabilities in low light. The incredibly flexible lens uses its ultra-wide aperture and focal distance to create super sharp and smooth imagery.
The Red Dot Design Award is an international design competition which receives more than 6,500 entries from 60 different countries. The award-winning designs are presented in the Red Dot Design Museums across the globe – with the Nikon products being showcased in Essen, Germany, from June 22, 2020.
Please visit the Red Dot website for more information: https://www.red-dot.org/
For more information about Nikon’s award-winning products please visit www.europe-nikon.com
- NIKON WINS FIVE RED DOT AWARDS INCLUDING ‘BEST OF THE BEST’ FOR THE Z 9
- NIKON RELEASES VER.1.2.0 OF THE NX FIELD REMOTE SHOOTING SYSTEM FOR PROFESSIONAL IMAGING AGENCIES
- Nikon is developing the Remote Grip MC-N10 for the Nikon Z mount system
- NIKON RELEASES NEW Z SERIES FIRMWARE AND HIGH-CAPACITY MEMORY CARD
- NIKON RELEASES THE UNIQUELY PORTABLE NIKKOR Z 800mm f/6.3 VR S
- OUR RESPONSE TO THE SITUATION IN UKRAINE
- Nikon releases Ver. 1.1.0 of the NX Field remote shooting system for professional photographers and agencies
- WARNING REGARDING SUSPICIOUS EMAILS IMITATING PUBLIC RELATIONS FROM NIKON
- REACH BEYOND WITH THE NEW NIKKOR Z 400mm f/2.8 TC VR S
- Nikon to release new firmware for the Nikon Z 9 flagship mirrorless camera